The new €2m Creative Momentum project will be launched on 29 October. Lots will be happening over the next 2½ years and we want as many creatives as possible from across the 5 partner regions to get involved.
Here’s a few ways Creative Momentum will be supporting the sector (what will happen in each region will differ a bit):
- Regular training, information and networking events or ‘Creative Exchanges’ will be happening across all 5 regions.
- Through 2016 and 2017 we’ll be calling for applications for support to attend established creative industry events across all 5 partner countries.
- MyCreativeEdge.eu will be expanded to new regions, re-developed and re-designed as an even more effective ‘Creative Showcase for Europe’s Northern Edge’. Already over 560 creative enterprises have created their free profile on the site, which has received over 87,000 visits over the past 2 years.
- At the project launch we’ll open a call for applications for support to exhibit at a Trade Fair or Trade Show in Europe (for creatives based in participating regions of Northern Ireland, West of Ireland and Northern Finland). The support will be for 50% of the cost of exhibiting (to a max. of €2,500).
- Over the next two years we’ll be looking for enterprises and creative sector students/new graduates to take part in the collaborative innovation programme ‘Creative Steps 2.0’.
- Early 2016 we’ll launch a mentoring programme for early stage and more established creative enterprises who want to increase their overseas business.
- We’ll be developing new Creative Trails for visitors in North East Iceland and Northern Ireland and promoting existing Art/Craft Trails across all 5 regions.
- We’ll be supporting and connecting some of the Shared Creative Spaces already operating across our regions.
And we’d like your help to make Creative Momentum as useful as possible. We’ll be sending out a survey to help us develop some of the project’s activities. We’d really appreciate if as many people as possible who work in the creative industries across the 5 regions can complete it.
Creative Momentum is funded under the EU Interreg Northern Periphery & Arctic Programme. It will be implemented in five regions across the Northern Edge of Europe:
- Iceland (North East)
- Northern Finland (Lapland, North Ostrobothnia)
- Northern Ireland (Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon Borough Council, Ards & North Down Borough Council, and Newry, Mourne & Down District Council areas)
- West of Ireland (Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon, Mayo, Galway and Clare)